The next part to fostering independence in your child’s life at home is to promote healthy sleep patterns for your child. We will explain how each person requires individual sleeping conditions and indentify what your child needs.
Watch the below SLEEP video and make sure to download the supporting PDF workbook.
Something to ponder: Do you and your partner fall asleep the same way? What do you need to fall asleep and what does your partner need to fall asleep?
- You need different preparatory behaviors and conditions in order to sleep
- An over activated vs an under activated person will need different behaviors
- Whatever you’ve heard about sleep, it may not be true for the person in your home
- Think about the arousal model (see course 4) so you can read behaviors accordingly
- Did i make them too excited? Was i so boring they lost the ability to focus? Where is my child at? What do they need to help go to sleep?