In this lesson, the key is to understand how play can be the most powerful form of learning. We will delve into how we can turn games into real life lessons, how we can come up with our own rules that fit our teaching goals and how play for adults is also important.
Below are the videos that illustrate this lesson and make sure to download the supporting PDF workbook.
Something to ponder: did you wish school had more of a playful way of teaching?
- Use play to teach academics
- Turn simple games into real life situations for them to learn from. The life lessons are more important to learn than the rules of the game.
- Come up with your own rules
- Use the power of books to interact with your child, don’t just have them sit as an audience
- Play for adults means hanging out and enjoying adult like activities together