Watch the below videos regarding the life skill of getting dressed as we move along the independence ladder.
- Believe there are things they just can’t do in the brain, it’s not stubbornness.
- Relax and show them show to do it
- Set them up for success
- Give options and show different ones until they pick: which pair do you want? (Don’t say: do you want jogging pants?)
- Make a deal together and solve it together, very matter of fact, lean on wall
- Let them dress how they want to dress and shape it: teaching to the effect their clothes are having
We’d love to hear your feedback!